Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sweet Child O Mine.

Sweet Child O Mine, Guns N Roses

Guys, I can not even describe to you how much this song makes me smile. No, not necessarily because it's so cool to hear such a sweet song from Guns N Roses of all places, but because of my dad. It's one of his favorite songs. When I was little, he used to blast it (in the car, when he was cooking in the kitchen, etc.) and just belt out every word. He didn't sound half bad, but it made me laugh. I wasn't used to seeing my gruffy dad be so happy and reactive to music. He would grab me and dance with me and sing it to me, and although my eyes are not blue and hair not red, it made me feel special. My father and I are not very close. Not at all really, and it's more because of a personality clash than anything. But when I was little, I was his little girl; and I loved every second of it. This song makes me think of that. I think of how happy I was with him holding me, and how safe I felt. I always feel so safe when I'm around my dad. I really can't explain it or why it's him I feel like that around (he's about the same height as I am and I doubt he weighs much over 150), but he just has that effect on me and always has. I know those moments couldn't last forever, but the memories can and will. No matter how bad it gets with my dad, I will always remember what amazing times I had with him and how much he loves and cares about me. He'd do anything for me, even though I know he doesn't understand me one bit. There's that question that everyone gets asked a million times; If you could travel back in time once, where would you go? Some people say to see dinosaurs, Thomas Edison, Roaring 20's, the 50's, 80's... I would go back about ten or eleven years so I could dance on my dad's feet again in my favorite black and white dress.

I know you'll never read this, but I love you Daddy. I hope, when I'm older and moved out, that our relationship gets better. And I hope that I can always be your little girl, even though I know sometimes I'm not exactly your favorite. 

'Till next time,
Ladybug♥

P.S. "Whip It" is his second favorite. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, they are greatly appreciated. :)